Business & Arts NL is a business-led, not-for-profit organization dedicated to fostering mutually beneficial partnerships between the business and creative communities in Newfoundland and Labrador.
We are hiring a Membership Development Coordinator to join our team. If you are responsible, friendly and proactive, and are interested in cultivating connections within the local business community, this position is for you! With the support of our General Manager and Board, you will be expected to:
- Organize and manage membership events aimed at senior representatives of the business and arts communities.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings with businesses which you, the General Manager and Board representatives will attend. (No cold calls.)
- Serve as the principle liaison between business sponsors and the public piano project during the installation phase.
- Secure new locations for public pianos.
- Carry out administrative duties including scheduling, producing follow-up correspondence with businesses, maintaining a database, and submitting a weekly Operations Report.
- Dynamic, results-oriented and highly organized.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable in a corporate setting. Confidence, people skills and a sense of humour is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing, communications and event planning would be an asset.
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) is essential.
- Access to a vehicle.
What we offer:
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week to start with moderate flexibility in terms of hours and schedule. Possibility of more hours as position progresses.
- $20/hour freelance rate. (With the exception of meetings, you will be required to work from your own space.)
Please indicate the earliest date you would be available to begin.
Email your application to:
General Manager, Business & Arts NL
Deadline: February 28 at midnight.