Join us in creating a vibrant, creative, and interconnected province! Arts organizations and individual artists can join Business & Arts NL by filling out the form below.
Membership benefits include the following:
- Access to pro bono legal, accounting and marketing services. In Spring 2016 we launched our Business Volunteers to the Arts program which has opened up over 1000 hours (per year) of pro bono services to artist members.
- Reduced rates for Business Workshops for Artists Series. In 2017 we’ll be producing 15 workshops on topics such as Filing Taxes as a Freelance Artist, Fundraising, Planned Giving, Nonprofit Governance, Marketing the Arts, Sponsorship, and more. Arts organizations that are Business & Arts NL members may in turn offer these reduced workshop rates to their own members.
- Visibility through participation in our “I am #CreativeNL” campaign. This campaign aims to teach people how much work, dedication, time, effort and expertise goes into creating art. It features high-impact slideshows that use numbers to illustrate the accomplishments and contributions of artists in NL.
- Access to arts brokering services. A primary service we offer to our business members is consultation on how to incorporate the arts into specific businesses. We generally use the Arts to Business Catalogue as a starting point in these consultations.
- Other opportunities. We host 4 networking events and 4 behind-the-scenes exclusive access arts events for our business members each year, as well as other media events. We always hire performances, artwork, or artist statements from among our members at each of these.
- 10% off the Best Available Rate at Comfort Inn St. John’s using the Exclusive Booking Code LBANL.
- Research and advocacy in support of the arts in our province. Business & Arts NL is navigating the new federal funding landscape, and is working on bringing together a model of municipal, provincial, and private investment to leverage federal support of the arts. Business & Arts NL representatives serve on the Arts and Culture Advisory Committee (City of St. John’s, 2016-2018), and meet with Ministers, officials and policy makers throughout the year to convey the message that supporting the arts is vital to business and the overall health of our province. Furthermore, Business & Arts NL has teamed up with MUN’s Dr. Jennifer Dyer to carry out the research project, Patterns of Art Support in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Join our network of cultural innovators now!