Grow to Lead Mentorship Program
Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.John C. Crosby
Connecting leaders in the arts and business communities to help strengthen the arts sector, one relationship at a time. This exciting new program launched in spring, 2021.
This program pairs:
- Artists or arts administrators with a minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership position with:
- Leaders in the private sector with at least 8 years of experience.
- These mentorship pairs will work closely together for a minimum of 3 hours/month for 10 months to help the mentee organization navigate challenges, connect to new ideas, people and resources, and strengthen individual leadership and organizational capacity.
Some of the areas of focus may include but aren’t limited to:
- Communication Skills/Ability to Influence
- Communications Strategy
- Fundraising Skills
- Leadership – Board
- Motivating and Managing Staff
- Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Financial Acumen
- Expanding Network
- Media Skills – how to do interviews, public speaking etc.
Over the last 7 years, Business & Arts NL has facilitated 87 workshops, 130 pro bono hours of targeted support, and 360 hours of one-on-one fundraising coaching. We know that with deeper, personal connections comes great growth and learning.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.