Grow to Lead Mentorship Program
Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.John C. Crosby
Connecting leaders in the arts and business communities to help strengthen the arts sector, one relationship at a time.
This exciting new program launched in spring, 2021.
This program pairs:
- Artists or arts administrators with a minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership position, with:
- Leaders in the private sector with at least 8 years of experience.
- These paid mentorship pairs are working closely together for a minimum of 3 hours/month for 10 months to help the mentee navigate challenges, connect to new ideas, people and resources, and strengthen individual leadership and organizational capacity.
In September, 2021 we matched six mentorship pairs who have committed to working together until June, 2022.
Each mentorship pair has identified specific goals to work towards between now and June, 2022. Some of these may include:
- Communication Skills/Ability to Influence
- Communications Strategy
- Fundraising Skills
- Leadership – Board
- Motivating and Managing Staff
- Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Financial Acumen
- Expanding Network
- Media Skills – how to do interviews, public speaking etc.
Each pair will have access to additional funds to support outside education and resources to help them meet their goals.
Over the last 7 years, Business & Arts NL has facilitated 87 workshops, 130 pro bono hours of targeted support, and 360 hours of one-on-one fundraising coaching. We know that with deeper, personal connections comes great growth and learning.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.