Business and Arts NL is a nonprofit organization working to deepen collaboration between the private and creative sectors in our province. We are seeking a Program Coordinator to implement, advertise and manage some of our programs and public-facing work.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will:
- Take over the planning, communications, implementation and evaluation of our Come Play with Me NL public piano program and Art Cart.
- Take a lead role in implementing and evaluating our Audience Engagement Pilot Project, which brings together arts organizations to work together to build visibility and awareness of the arts community in NL. The planning and communications strategy for this initiative is done; we’re looking for someone to steward this work during its active phase (Sept – Nov) and research/advise next steps upon completion.
- Oversee a new initiative, “Unconscious Bias Moments”, which has just received funding and will now roll out according to the project description. Timelines and partners have been established; we’re looking for someone to keep this project on time and on budget, and to develop a communications plan around a public release.
- Help produce quarterly public-facing events. These have included a variety of formats in the past but generally are approximately 1 or 2-hour long events taking place before or after work, and welcome a mixed audience of corporate and creative sector members, and potential new members. Some examples of past events can be seen here.
- Contribute to our ever-evolving communications strategy and help build connections in the arts and business communities.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Can work independently
- Can manage several concurrent projects/objectives
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have event planning or production experience
- Experience in the arts is not mandatory. Rather, you must be able to understand and communicate the value of arts to business and society at large.
- An understanding of nonprofit governance will be considered an asset
- Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn Google Drive, HeyOrca, Mailchimp, and WordPress.
What we offer:
We are open to creating a part-or full-time position for the right candidate, between 20 and 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working hours, remote work possible (although some work in person in St. John’s will be necessary)
- Work as part of a small, dynamic team
- Work in the nonprofit sector, and have a positive impact on the creativity, connection and vitality of the community
Interested applicants can send a current resume and cover letter to Amy Henderson at email@example.com no later than Friday, September 2, 2022.