Project Manager – Design Thinking: Collaborating for Innovation
Business and Arts NL is a nonprofit organization working to deepen collaboration between the private and creative sectors in our province. We are seeking a Project Manager to implement, advertise and evaluate our new project, Design Thinking: Collaborating for Innovation.
This project will include a variety of events (a symposium, interactive design labs, and training events) focused on using design thinking to bring together members of the private, public and creative sectors to work and learn together.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be expected to:
- Develop and implement a communications plan for the project including social media, direct email, news media releases and traditional advertising.
- Coordinate events including venues, out-of-town presenters, registration, catering, and guest services.
- Recruit participants from the creative sector to engage in these activities, and to access internships within participating corporations.
- Work with all project partners and sponsors to coordinate proper acknowledgement, sponsorship benefits etc.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Can work independently
- Can manage several concurrent projects/objectives within a larger project
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience developing and implementing communications plans
- Have event planning experience
What we offer:
- 20-25 hours per week with moderate flexibility in terms of hours and schedule (may be more during weeks when events are taking place)
- Work as part of a small, dynamic team
- Work in the nonprofit sector, and have a positive impact on the creativity, connection and vitality of the community
- This job will start Aug 1, 2019 and end May 31, 2020
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Amy Henderson, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 19, 2019.