This is the continuation of the pre-existing ArtSupport NL program, which has seen a cohort of 10 arts organizations attend a bootcamp, write Fund Development Plans, Cases for Support, and work with dedicated coaches bi-weekly since March 2018. As a result, these organizations collectively increased their fundraising revenues by 55%.
Capacity for this program is limited to 10 existing and 4 new participating organizations. Expressions of Interest for organizations interested in joining this program for the first time are due no later than 11:59 pm on May 20, 2020. You can complete your expression of interest form, here. Once approved BANL will notify you that you are ready to register for the program.
This work will be led by RBR Development Associates, a full-service fund development company with offices in Halifax and Toronto which has been operating for over 30 years. Read our Spotlight on Partnership with Rosalie Courage President of RBR for a preview of what participants can expect.
If you are an existing ArtSupport NL participant, you can start work with your coach from RBR immediately. This program allows for sessions every other week until fall 2021!
RBR Development Associates will be offering a 1/2-day “Fundraising 101 Bootcamp” online in spring 2020, which will be a mandatory introduction module for incoming ArtSupport Stream 1 participants. Members of staff and/or board (max 2 people per organization) may choose to take this training. Existing ArtSupport participants may also which to attend.
If you are a new ArtSupport NL participant, you will:
- Attend the half day “Fundraising 101 Bootcamp” online (we will find a mutually agreeable time/date) with 1 or 2 participants from your organization. We strongly recommend bringing two people if at all possible.
- Be paired with a mentor from RBR Development Associates.
- Your mentor will work with you to create a Fund Development Plan that will outline the steps your organization will take to streamline and improve fundraising for your organization.
- You will work with your coach (and independently between sessions) every other week until fall 2021.
You can also expect:
- Team huddles with your colleagues to talk through how your work is going, what you’re learning about the current fundraising landscape, and how we can work together
- Workshops with local corporations to learn about fundraising from the perspective of the donor
Once you have:
- submitted an expression of interest and been selected to participate
- submitted your registration form
- paid your $250 registration fee
You will be notified regarding how and when to begin!