This is the continuation of the pre-existing ArtSupport NL program, which has seen a cohort of 10 arts organizations attend a bootcamp, write Fund Development Plans, Cases for Support, and work with dedicated coaches bi-weekly since March 2018. As a result, these organizations collectively increased their fundraising revenues by 55%.
This work will be led by RBR Development Associates, a full-service fund development company with offices in Halifax and Toronto which has been operating for over 30 years. Read our Spotlight on Partnership with Rosalie Courage President of RBR for a preview of what participants can expect.
RBR Development Associates will be offering a 1/2-day “Fundraising 101 Bootcamp” online in spring 2020, which will be a mandatory introduction module for incoming ArtSupport Stream 1 participants. Members of staff and/or board (max 2 people per organization) may choose to take this training. Existing ArtSupport participants may also wish to attend.
New ArtSupport NL participants will:
- Attend the half day “Fundraising 101 Bootcamp” online with 1 or 2 participants from your organization. We strongly recommend bringing two people if at all possible.
- Be paired with a mentor from RBR Development Associates.
- Work with your mentor to create a Fund Development Plan that will outline the steps your organization will take to streamline and improve fundraising for your organization.
- Work with your coach (and independently between sessions) every other week until fall 2021.
You can also expect:
- Team huddles with your colleagues in the program to talk through how your work is going, what you’re learning about the current fundraising landscape, and how we can work together.
- Workshops with local corporations to learn about fundraising from the perspective of the donor.