Connecting artists with the community for projects that fuel growth and innovation, and revitalize places.
Alliances with the arts can help:
- Create jobs and develop skills
- Attract and retain businesses
- Revitalize places
- Build community pride and social cohesion
- Diversify our approaches to problem-solving
We are the go-to resource in Newfoundland and Labrador for organizations looking to collaborate with artists. Contact us if you need help hiring an artist for:
- Small projects (party entertainment, locally-made Christmas card orders)
- Training and workshops (team building, creativity, public speaking)
- Large projects (public art, artists-in-residence, design collaboration)
Other components of the talent exchange include:
- Workshops for the creative sector on how to design and maintain sponsor relationships
- Lunch and learns discussing the value of partnerships with the arts
How to Get Involved
- Represent an organization seeking that “perfect fit” of a collaboration with the arts community
- Have an offbeat arts-related idea you’re interested in exploring
- Represent an arts organization seeking a focused partnership with a local partner
Please contact us at email@example.com
Recent projects include:
St. John’s International Airport Association and Vessela Brakalova
St. John’s Community Market Custom Vendor Stalls
A project with the St. John’s Community Market, Husky Energy, Fougere Menchenton Architecture, Rabbittown Community Centre, and the St. John’s Tool Library. Building custom Vendor Stalls for the new Community Market.
Mentor/Carpenter: John Duchow
Read more here.
Memorial University, Emera Innovation Exchange Signal Hill Campus and Jud Haynes
A #ComePlayWithMeNL piano collaboration between Memorial University and Jud Haynes. Jud’s work is featured at the Emera Innovation Exchange on Signal Hill Road.
Art by Jud Haynes
Read more here.