Professional development for a more resilient arts sector
Business & Arts NL thanks Cox & Palmer for their extraordinary generosity in sponsoring the 2021 Business Workshops for Artists series. Their support helped us pivot to online platforms and increase the number of workshops offered over the past year, ensuring that our programming reaches even more artists and organizations across the province.
These workshops cover a variety of topics to help artists and arts organizations gain skills and knowledge to run their businesses.
Thank you everyone for participating in our latest series of Business Workshops for Artists. We are taking a short break for the summer and will be back in September with a brand new lineup of workshops for the fall.
Have a request for our next workshop?
Past topics have included:
- Income Tax for Freelance Artists
- Incorporation vs. Sole Proprietorship
- Navigating Contracts
- Grant Writing
- Fundraising for the Arts
- Major Gifts, Making the Ask and Donor Stewardship
- Strategic Planning
- Nonprofit Governance Best Practices
- Intellectual Property Law
- Social Media
- Writing a Press Release
- What’s in a Brand?
- Employment Law for Arts Organizations
- Navigating Corporate Sponsorships