Professional development for a more resilient arts sector
Business & Arts NL thanks Cox & Palmer for their extraordinary generosity in sponsoring the 2021 Business Workshops for Artists series. Their support helped us pivot to online platforms and increase the number of workshops offered over the past year, ensuring that our programming reaches even more artists and organizations across the province.
These workshops cover a variety of topics to help artists and arts organizations gain skills and knowledge to run their businesses.
Past topics have included:
- Income Tax for Freelance Artists
- Incorporation vs. Sole Proprietorship
- Navigating Contracts
- Grant Writing
- Fundraising for the Arts
- Major Gifts, Making the Ask and Donor Stewardship
- Strategic Planning
- Nonprofit Governance Best Practices
- Intellectual Property Law
- Social Media
- Writing a Press Release
- What’s in a Brand?
- Employment Law for Arts Organizations
- Navigating Corporate Sponsorships