Professional development for a more resilient arts sector
These workshops cover a variety of topics to help artists and arts organizations gain skills and knowledge to run their businesses.
Have a request for our next workshop? Email email@example.com
What’s Your Story? Getting Attention from the Media
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Join Jen White and Amanda Molly of the CBC on Wednesday, October 7 to learn how to write a press release that cuts through the clutter. This workshop is for individuals and organizations interested in learning how to promote an event, festival, or project to the media.
Maintaining Respectful Workplaces
NEW DATE TBD
Canada’s Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC) is supporting efforts to address all kinds of harassment in arts workplaces (including sexual harassment bullying, discrimination and violence), and to lay the groundwork for “respectful workplaces” as the norm in the cultural sector.
Past topics have included:
- Tax Tips for Artists
- Incorporation vs. Sole Proprietorship
- Writing Contracts
- Arts Management Intensive
- Grant Writing
- Income Tax for Freelance Artists
- Fundraising for the Arts 101
- Major Gifts, Making the Ask and Donor Stewardship
- Handling Personal Information
- Strategic Planning
- How to Finance Your Creative Enterprise
- Nonprofit Governance Best Practices
- Intellectual Property Law
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Developing an Artist Statement
- Facebook for Artists
- What’s in a Brand?
- Creative Entrepreneurship
- Employment Law for Arts Organizations
- Navigating Corporate Sponsorships